Guide To Buying A Used SemiJanuary 22, 2019 Off By admin
Here at Diesel Truck Parts we present to you a sort’ve GUIDE to buying a used semi. After determining the price you can pay and what semi would suit your projected needs the next steps are critical if you want to successfully buy a used semi that will last you for years to come. And of course, ultimately make you and your family money!
QUICK LIST TO BUYING A USED SEMI
- First, determine your truck requirements like what loads will you be hauling
- Figure out your budget and whether you can afford to pay cash or you may have to finance all or part of the semi truck purchase.
- Once you have the above 2 items you can begin to narrow down your options
- Then when you find a few good examples that will suit your needs. Do your due diligence by finding all the information you can on the big rigs to include the trucks history and also and more importantly its current condition.
- Determine your insurance needs and any and all licenses that may be required
- If you will be an owner-operator you need to begin on the right foot with your taxes as YOU will be responsible solely for that part of your new trucking business.
Buying a used semi CAN be profitable in the long run! If done correctly!
DIESEL RIGS are made nowadays to get a millions of miles or more. So the current mileage is very important since at some point you will need an inframe (complete overhaul of the drivetrain) or to replace the drivetrain to include the engine, transmission etc.
Factor this in to your choices once you narrow them down! You may get a great deal on a truck that needs updating or service by doing the work yourself or if you have a close buddy that is a diesel mechanic. Dont rule any rigs out because of that. You can have a really nice rig if you can work on it yourself initially. And of course we are always here to help you with your DIESEL PARTS NEEDS!
EGR COOLER CUMMINS ISX15 OEM
/ 0.00958 ɃAdd to cart
CUMMINS ISX15 EGR ENGINE EXHAUST CONNECTION PIPE w/ GAS TEMP SENSOR 3686375 OEM
/ 0.00122 ɃAdd to cart
EGR VALVE CUMMINS ISX15 3104874 OEM
/ 0.00306 ɃAdd to cart
CUMMINS ISX15 DIESEL ENGINE EGR COOLER 3688606 OEM READY TO SHIP
/ 0.00628 ɃAdd to cart
EGR Differential Pressure Sensor Cummins 4921728 OEM
/ 0.00074 ɃRead more
EGR Valve 2017 Cummins 8.3 ISL OEM
/ 0.00314 ɃAdd to cart
EGR VALVE SUPPORT BRACKET Cummins ISX15 3686790 OEM
/ 0.00165 ɃAdd to cart
EGR Cooler Assembly with Housing Cummins 6.7L 001295550 OEM
/ 0.00364 ɃAdd to cart